Using Message Profiles with your SPOT
Whether you’re using your SPOT device for multiple activities or sharing your device with a family member or colleague, the easiest way to share your device with considering to your messaging configuration is to use message profiles.
Message profiles allow you to change your configured messages, contacts, and SOS contact info based on either who is using your device or your activity.
Create a Message Profile
- Please login to your SPOT account
- Select View/Edit for the device you wish to configure
- Scroll down the page to Message Profiles, then select Active Message Profile
- The default message profile is named ‘default’
Copy a Message Profile
- You may create a new message profile by selecting Create New Profile, entering the name of the profile, then select Save.
Delete a Message Profile
- You may duplicate a message profile to make minor adjustments to your existing message profile. Select Duplicate Profile.
- A new message profile will appear that is a copy of your active message profile. The duplicated profile will have the same name and will have a number at the end to signify that it is a duplicate. For example, Default(1).
Selecting the Active Message Profile
- To delete a message profile, ensure that it is not the active message profile by assigning an active profile to another profile. Then, select Delete to remove the chosen profile.
- To assign a different message profile, click Assign on the profile you wish to use.
- The active profile icon, a yellow circle with a black checkmark, will be to the left of your active message profile.
We strongly recommend checking your contacts and messages, including your SOS emergency contacts, before logging out and going on an adventure.
I cannot create a new message profile
- If you are attempting to name a new message profile, but a profile already exists with the same name, a new profile will not be created. Please try a unique message profile name.
I cannot make changes to my message profiles
- Please refresh your session by logging out of your account, logging back in, and making a change. Should you continue to experience difficulty updating your message profile, contacts, or messages, please contact Customer Relations.