How do I share my tracking with other people?
Using a Share Page is the best way to share your near real-time messaging and location information with family, friends, and colleagues. If you prefer to share SPOT activity after you finish your trip, we recommend using SPOT Adventures!
To create a share page, please login to your SPOT account.
Please note: Share pages only display SPOT messaging and tracking information moving forward from the time of its creation.
- Click on Share.
- Select Create a Share Page.
- Enter your Share Page Name.
- Make sure the correct Devices to Share are selected.
- In the Location Messages to Share section, check the message types you would like to share.
- In Share GPS Locations from the Last section, select the length of time you would like to share your messaging and tracking information.
- The maximum amount of SPOT activity that can be shared is the last 7 days.
- Select whether you would like to share the details of your messages in the share page or not.
(If this option is enabled, the content of your Check-in messages will be displayed on your share page)
- Select whether you want your share page to be public or private.
- Public share pages are accessible and viewable by any individual who has the link
- Private share pages are only accessible or viewable after entering the configured password
- You may click Create to simply create your share page or you may choose to send your share page link to your family, friends, and/or colleagues by using the notify option.
- If you would like to send your share page link to your family, friends, and/or colleagues, select the checkbox at the bottom of the page and the web page will expand to display an email form.
- You may opt to send a copy of this email to yourself.
To confirm the configuration of your share page, we recommend sending messages from your device to ensure they are being displayed correctly in your share page.
Common Questions and Issues
My share page is not displaying my SPOT activity.
- Please check the devices selected to share activity on your share page. If there are no devices selected, there will be no information to display.
- Are the correct message types selected for sharing? Please check your message types configured for sharing.
My share page is not displaying my tracking.