How do I upgrade my SPOT device?
If you have an active service plan and wish to upgrade your device, please follow the steps below.
- Login to your SPOT Account.
- For the device you wish to upgrade, select View/Edit to access the device settings.
You may want to write down the auth code of the device you are upgrading. The auth code is located on the device settings page below the image of your device.
- Select Upgrade your SPOT Device near the top of the page.
- Confirm the ESN of the device you wish to upgrade and enter the authentication code in the Existing SPOT Device field.
- Enter the ESN and authentication code of the new device, then select Next.
Please note: The ESN and auth code of your device may be found in the battery compartment beneath the batteries
- Enter your account information and your device information, then select Next.
- Review the Device Upgrade Details, then select Finish.
! You have successfully upgraded your device!
Invalid ESN or authorization code
- Please double check the ESN and auth code of both your existing device and the device you wish to upgrade to. If the ESN/auth code is illegible or has been removed from the device battery compartment, please contact Customer Care. We will be happy to assist you!
There is no applicable upgrade path between models of the existing ESN and the new ESN you provided.
- This error may be displayed when the model you are attempting to upgrade to is that of an equivalent or previous generation SPOT device. This option is not available. We apologize for the inconvenience.