How do I adjust the tracking interval?
Your SPOT Trace offers the ability to change the Tracking Interval, these Tracking Intervals can range from the optional 2.5-minute Extreme Tracking Interval, to the battery conserving 60-minute setting (5, 10, 30, and 60-minute intervals are available with basic service). Choice of Tracking Interval should be made based on the asset or activity you are tracking. If the asset is moving at high rates of speed, we recommend using a smaller interval to increase the accuracy of the location. Assets moving at slower rates of speed may utilize a longer period between tracks. Please note that the configured Tracking Interval will impact the life of your batteries.
To view or adjust your SPOT Trace Tracking Interval:
- Login to your SPOT Account.
- From the My Devices page, click View/Edit of the device you wish to configure
- Select Tracking from the device settings column
- Select your desired Tracking Interval
The change to the setting will automatically be saved.
Modifying your tracking interval will require a device sync or firmware update. For information on how to perform a firmware update, please click here
My device is not tracking in the selected interval.
- To ensure your device tracks in the correct interval, use the SPOT Device Updater to apply any changes made to your SPOT Trace.
My device is not reporting tracks regularly.
- If tracks are appearing in irregular intervals it may be due to interference with your SPOT Trace’s signal. Making sure your device is oriented with the logo up in an area with a clear and unobstructed view of the sky.
- Avoid locating the Trace closer than 12 inches to another GPS device.
- Keep in mind that heavily overcast weather conditions and heavy foliage can interfere with the Trace’s signal.