Using the SPOT App
The SPOT App:
A great way to view your SPOT activity is to use the SPOT app! The SPOT app is available on iOS (8.1 or later) and android (2.3.3 or later).
For information on the SPOT app click here
After installing the SPOT app on your phone, you will have access to your SPOT activity as you would on the My Locations page of your SPOT account.
Please note: The SPOT app supports the HUG, Communicator, Connect, SPOT Trace, SPOT Personal Tracker, SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger, and SPOT Gen3. The SPOT-X is not currently supported.
View the most recent location on the map:
View your messages in a list:
- Select the magnifying glass icon
- Date, time, and message information will be displayed in the map at the location where the message was sent
- You may select the > icon to view additional information such as the latitude and longitude
View your messaging activity from the map view:
- Select the list icon (4 horizontal lines) at the bottom of the screen.
- Messages are displayed in condescending order, from newest to oldest messages.
- You may select the > icon on a message to view additional information
- Selecting the map will switch the SPOT app back to the map to display the location
- Select the globe icon to view your SPOT activity plotted on the map
The SPOT app is no longer updating to show my latest SPOT messages
- Ensure that you are connected to a broadband connection (wi-fi) or cellular network. Please logout of the SPOT app and log back in. If your SPOT messaging activity is still not showing the latest activity, please move to the next step.
- Please uninstall the SPOT app, your phone/tablet off, then turn it back on. Reinstall the SPOT app and login to your account.
- Please note, uninstalling the app will erase the stored SPOT messages that are available on your phone.
I can't login to the SPOT app
- Please verify that you are able to login to SPOT web site and you are using the same credentials.
- Note that your password is case-sensitive
- Ensure that there are no extra spaces in the username or password field before logging in
- Try temporarily changing your password to a numeric value (i.e. 123456) to confirm there is no issue with alpha casing.