How do I configure Status Messages?
The SPOT Trace offers a daily Status Message feature. This feature will send a daily alert to let you know your asset is secure. The daily alert, with GPS coordinates, is sent every 24 hours. The Trace will send the Status Message based on the time of day when the unit was most recently powered on. The Status Message feature is disabled by default unless otherwise changed during account setup or device activation.
To enable the Status Message feature, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your FindMeSPOT.com account.
- From the My Devices page, click View/Edit to access the Device Settings.
- Click on Status Message.
- Click Enable.
- Configure your outbound message and contact list with whom will receive the notification.
- Your changes will automatically be saved.
- Perform a Firmware Update to synchronize your Trace with the Device Settings in your SPOT account.
I’m not receiving my Status Messages
- The SPOT Trace requires a line of sight to the two satellite arrays that it communicates with. If your asset is indoors, located in an environment that has obstructions to the view of the sky, or is oriented in a position that directs the internal antenna away from the sky, you may experience missing status messages.
- Your batteries may need to be replaced.
Change the time you receive the Status Message
- To change the time you receive the daily Status Message:
- Unscrew the four enclosure screws
- Separate the two halves for 60 seconds
- Recombine the two halves and install screws
- The time you turn on your device will determine when you receive your Status Message