Where is the best location to send a message from the SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger?
The ideal environment or location to send a message from your SPOT device would be a horizon to horizon view of the open sky. There are two satellite constellations that require a line of site to your device to acquire your GPS location and transmit messages. We understand that this type of location cannot always be attained, so here are a few tips in finding a good location to send your message.
• Ensure that you are not too close to any tall buildings or structures that may block the view of the open sky.
• If you are in a heavily forested area, attempt to find a clearing
• If you are in a valley, attempt to elevate as much as possible
I have a clear view of the sky, but messages still don’t go through.
- Keep in mind that SPOT Satellites are moving and may be closer to the horizon than directly over top of you.
- Ensure the logo of the device is facing the sky.
- Allow adequate time (up to 20 minutes) for message transmission before moving the device into a bad position.