What are the SPOT Gen4's low battery indicators?
Low Battery State:
There are two indicators for a low battery state.
- The power LED will blink red when batteries are low.
- On the SPOT Mapping platform, in the SPOT Gen4’s Status information, it will indicate if the batteries are low.
Please note that extreme weather conditions may have an impact on battery life and performance. We recommend bringing spare batteries with you on your adventures.
My device keeps turning off by itself
- The SPOT Gen 4 has been designed to effectively manage your battery power. If your device is not actively sending a message or in tracking mode, the SPOT Gen4 will turn off after 1 hour to preserve battery life.
My batteries are dying very quickly
- What type of batteries are you using? Alkaline batteries do not perform as Lithium or NiMH batteries and will drain faster. The SPOT Gen4’s battery state indicators are also based on the exclusive use of Energizer Ultimate Lithium or NiMH batteries; using alkaline batteries will yield inconsistent behavior with regards to indicating low battery.
- Are you using a low tracking interval? Low tracking intervals cause the device to communicate more often with our satellites and will consume your batteries faster.
What type of battery life can I expect from my SPOT Gen4?
- The life of your Li or NiMH batteries are generally based on the number of messages that are sent from your device. If you would like to see a general estimate, please click here.