Wednesday, 29 June 2011 15:18
Before you head out on that long, much needed adventure vacation, prepare yourself with skills and proper equipment. We’ve come up with a few friendly reminders to get you started.
General Preparedness Tips:
Expect the unexpected. Here are some basic things to do before each adventure:
- Do your research before you go.
- Sharpen your skills. First Aid, Wilderness Response, CPR… A little investment goes a long way.
- Select the proper equipment for your adventure.
Recommended SPOT User Tips:
Here at SPOT, we’re all about safety and we care about our customers. Here are some recommended tips on how you can be prepared, stay safe and get the most out of using SPOT:
- Educate Yourself: Make sure you’ve read your SPOT user manual.
- Update Your User Profile: Fill out your profile with as much information and update your info before each trip. Doing so could greatly assist rescuers in a 911/SOS emergency.
- Educate Others: Make sure your personal contacts know they’ll be receiving SPOT messages and how they should respond.
- Practice: Test your casual SPOT message functions before you head out.
- Pack Light but Pack Smart: Pack an extra set of batteries.
- Have questions? Visit SPOT FAQs!
Check out more helpful tips from SPOT at findmeSPOT.com/Prepared.