Once you have read and agree to the official contest rules, please submit your photos
SPOT unit must be in view in photo.
One year after product launch, we’re sure that thousands of little orange devices have been to the farthest corners of the earth. Knowing that our users have an emergency option and are staying in touch with their family and friends far away from home is exciting! Send us your pictures with your SPOT unit in view and help create an unforgettable gallery of how SPOT works virtually anywhere.
On February 2, 2009, we will pick 10 photo submissions that are our favorite and send a SPOT gift bag with T-shirt, hat and carrying case. 1 additional grand-prize winner will get to choose from an 8GB iPod touch, a SPOT winter parka or a $200 Visa gift card. Stay tuned for more photo contests in the future and more features like photo voting capabilities.
Each week, we will upload selected photos to the SPOTlight Adventure Photo Gallery for all of our customers to see. Please see all contest rules by clicking below.
Once you have read and agree to the official contest rules, please submit your photos
- Dates of the current photo contest apply to photos submitted from 9/23/08 through 12 AM Pacific Time on 2/3/09.
- Photos should be in .jpg format.
- When possible, please include name, address, phone number, e-mail, photo location, date, description of photo (caption for web use), who, what, why, where, when, and comments about the context of the photo.
- Contest participants must be at least 18 years of age
- 10 winners chosen by the SPOT team will receive a SPOT T-shirt, hat and carrying case after February 2, 2009. 1 grand-prize winner will get to choose from an 8GB iPod touch, a SPOT winter parka or a $200 Visa gift card.
- Each person may only submit 1 photo per week and can only win 1 t-shirt and or 1 grand prize per photo.
- If your submission is selected to be posted in the SPOTlight photo tent, you agree to grant SPOT, LLC with permissions and rights to use the image indefinitely on any page at findmespot.com or for any SPOT marketing purpose. Where possible, we will always provide photo credit.
- Must have written permission of any recognizable persons appearing in the photograph to be able to allow SPOT the right to display their photographic submission in any medium.
- Winners will be notified by email, phone or mail.
SPOT Adventure Photo Contest
You have not yet won. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this contest. A total of eleven (11) prizes will be awarded consisting of one (1) choice of an 8GB iPod touch, SPOT winter parka or a $200 Visa gift card and ten (10) SPOT gift bags consisting of a T-shirt, hat and carrying case. Odds to be determined by number of submissions. Restrictions apply. The Contest commences on September 23, 2008. All entries must be received no later than February 2, 2009 at midnight Pacific Standard Time. Limit one (1) entry per person per week. Sponsor: Spot LLC., 461 S. Milpitas Blvd., Milpitas, CA 95035
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. How to Enter. Log onto http://findmespot.com/en/spotlight and proceed to the SPOT update about the Photo Contest Rules. By submitting your photos, you will automatically be entered into the SPOT Photo Tent Contest (the “Contest”). The Contest commences on September 23, 2008. All photos must be submitted by February 2, 2008 at midnight Pacific Standard Time to be eligible for the Contest. Limit one (1) entry per person per week. All entries become the sole property of Spot LLC. (“Sponsor”) and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Delivery of prizes requires a street address (no P.O. Boxes).
2. Eligibility. Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years of age. Void anywhere outside of the fifty United States, or the District of Columbia, or where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Sponsor materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. Participant must have written permission of any recognizable persons appearing in the photograph to be able to allow SPOT the right to display their photographic submission in any medium.
3. Winner Selection. A total of eleven (11) prizes will be awarded consisting of one (1) choice of an 8GB iPod touch, SPOT winter parka or a $200 Visa gift card and ten (10) SPOT gift bags consisting of a T-shirt, hat and carrying case. Winner will be selected by a panel of SPOT employees. Odds of winning depend on the quality of the submissions to be judged. Judging will be conducted in a democratic manner by SPOT employees on or about February 6, 2008. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
4. Prizes. A total of eleven (11) prizes will be awarded consisting of one (1) choice of an 8GB iPod touch (ARV $229) SPOT winter parka ($200) or a $200 Visa gift card (ARV $200) and ten (10) SPOT gift bags consisting of a T-shirt, hat and carrying case. (ARV $50). All prizes awarded at the end of the contest judging. All winners will be solely responsible for all applicable taxes on prizes. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the case of unavailability of any prize.
5. Notification and Conditions. Winner will be notified by phone, U.S. mail and/or email. Winner will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of prize notification. If winner cannot be contacted, if any prize is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws. By entering and/or acceptance of prize, entrants and winner agree to release Sponsor, and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. By accepting a prize, each winner grants to Sponsor the right to use his/her name, city and state of residence and/or photograph for promotional purposes online and off-line without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves right to verify eligibility qualifications of winners. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified.
6. Other Conditions. All entrants must have a valid email address. In case of dispute as to identity of entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, Web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Upon Contest registration, Sponsor will start sending you SPOT Satellite Messenger newsletters and product information and updates. Each such communication will allow you to opt out of receiving such communications in the future.
7. WINNERS LIST. The names of the winners will be posted on or after February 6, 2009 on http://findmespot.com/en/spotlight. Or to receive the names of the winner by mail, available after February 6, 2009, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: SPOT, LLC, 461 S. Milpitas Blvd., Milpitas, CA 95035
8. SPONSOR. The Sponsor of this contest is SPOT, LLC, 461 S. Milpitas Blvd., Milpitas, CA 95035.