For a limited time, SPOT offers a $50 Holiday Rebate on the award-winning SPOT Connect™ and SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger™ - perfect for active outdoor individuals
COVINGTON, LA (November 21, 2011) - This holiday season, delight the ones you love with innovative technology for the outdoors and remote locations around the globe. Relax knowing they will be equipped with SPOT, the world’s first personal satellite messenger. Today through December 31, 2011, shoppers can purchase SPOT Connect™ for smartphones or the SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger™ and save $50 after mail-in rebate.
SPOT messenger products provide added security and connectivity when spending time outdoors or traveling beyond cell range. SPOT users can check in and share their locations in real time with folks back home and summon help by transmitting GPS location coordinates and messages via global satellites. Because SPOT uses 100% satellite technology, it works beyond cellular range and VHF radio frequencies and independent of traditional landlines.
Looking for another reason to give the gift of SPOT? Here are ten more:
1. SPOT Saves! Send SOS messages to a global rescue coordination center in life threatening emergencies.
2. SPOT Checks in! Send messages to friends and family when you’ve arrived safely at your destination.
3. SPOT Tracks! Share your locations with others in real time on Google Maps™.
4. SPOT Communicates! Unlike traditional GPS products, SPOT transmits messages and sends data.
5. SPOT Tweets! Update Facebook and Twitter from remote locations.
6. SPOT Rescues! The proven technology has initiated nearly 1,500 rescues since 2008.
7. SPOT Travels! Lightweight, rugged and waterproof (IPX7), SPOT is built tough for the outdoors.
8. SPOT Points! Mark and save your favorite places on Google Maps™ to find again the next time.
9. SPOT’s Smart! SPOT Connect turns your smartphone into a personal satellite messenger.
10. SPOT Gives! During the holidays, save $50 on SPOT Connect and SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger.
About SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger
The handheld device sends pre-defined messages via satellite to select contacts. SPOT can allow others to follow its location in real-time on Google Maps™. In a critical emergency, SPOT can transmit SOS messages alerting an International Rescue Coordination Center of the SPOT user’s GPS location. For complete rebate and promotion details visit findmeSPOT.com/rebate50.
About SPOT Connect
The new handheld device turns today’s leading smartphones into a global satellite messenger. A Bluetooth connection between the user’s smartphone and registered SPOT Connect device provides established SPOT messaging features and more. The SPOT Connect App allows users to send messages via their smartphones from virtually anywhere delivered as text and/or email and store pre-defined messages for multiple contact groups. For complete rebate and promotion details visit findmeSPOT.com/holidayoffer.
SPOT products are widely available in stores throughout the U.S. and Canada and from online resellers specializing in outdoor equipment and consumer electronics. For a list of authorized SPOT retailers in North America, visit the SPOT Dealer Locator at findmeSPOT.com.
About Spot LLC
Spot LLC, a subsidiary of Globalstar, Inc. (Nasdaq: GSAT), provides emergency notification technology that allows users to communicate from remote locations around the globe. The SPOT product family uses both the GPS satellite network to determine a customer's location and the Globalstar network to transmit messages and GPS coordinates to others including an international rescue coordination center. Thanks to this affordable, cutting edge personal safety device, the company offers people peace of mind by allowing customers to notify friends and family of their location and status, and to send for emergency assistance in time of need, completely independent of cellular phone or wireless coverage. For more information on how Spot LLC is helping others stay connected - from disaster preparedness to outdoor adventure – visit findmeSPOT.com.
Note that all SPOT products described in this press release are the products of Spot LLC, which is not affiliated in any manner with Spot Image of Toulouse, France or Spot Image Corporation of Chantilly, Virginia. SPOT Connect is a trademark of Spot LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.