SPOT Warranty Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat you need to know about your SPOT device's warranty.
SPOT Messengers come with a 1 year limited warranty provided by Spot, LLC. This period may vary by region. Visit www.findmespot.com/warranty for your local warranty period and other regional terms.
What is covered by this limited warranty?
This limited warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship only. The warranty period is not extended if we repair or replace a warranted product. We have no responsibility for any warranty claims made after such warranty period expires.
What do I do if I need warranty service?
- Before the warranty expires, go to www.findmespot.com/warranty and complete the warranty claim form provided. You must provide your contact information, the ESN# of the product, (ESN is located on the bottom of the SPOT package or inside the battery compartment), the date of purchase and a brief description of the problem.
- During the limited warranty period, we will replace the defective product with a comparable product that is new or refurbished. Customers can expect to receive their replacement product within 7-10 days after the Return Material Authorization ("RMA") number has been provided. Spot, LLC will assume the shipping charges for the replacement unit to the customer.
- Within 72 hours of submitting your claim, you will be contacted and provided with a Return Material Authorization ("RMA") number, instructions on where to return your product and a credit card authorization form (your credit card will be kept on file and will only be billed in the event that your SPOT product is not returned to us within 30 days).
- You must return the product to us in its original or equivalent packaging, include the RMA number, the completed credit card authorization form and, a copy of the original receipt.
- Note: Spot, LLC recommends that you (1) use a carrier that offers shipment tracking for all returns and (2) either insure your package for safe return to SPOT or declare the full value of the shipment so that you are completely protected if the shipment is lost or damaged in transit. If you choose not to (1) use a carrier that offers tracking or (2) insure or declare the full value of the product, you will be responsible for any loss or damage to the product during shipping. By return of such product, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions of our warranty service.
Out of Warranty Repairs
If we determine that the problem is not covered under this warranty, we will notify you and inform you of service alternatives that are available to you on a fee basis. The warranty does not cover any defects or damage to a product resulting from customer misuse of the product or use beyond ordinary wear and tear. Also, the warranty does not cover damages sustained during shipment of the product.
EXCEPT AS PROVIDED ABOVE, THE PRODUCT IS SOLD "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES FOR THE PRODUCT WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES REGARDING THE CONDITION, DESIGN, SPECIFICATIONS, WORKMANSHIP, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF THE PRODUCT, OR ANY WARRANTIES THAT THE PRODUCT IS FREE FROM LATENT DEFECTS OR DEFICIENCIES, OR THAT THE PRODUCT IS FREE FROM INFRINGEMENT OF ANY PATENT, TRADEMARK, COPYRIGHT OR PROPRIETARY RIGHT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY PROVIDES THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. OUR LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE PRODUCT THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF A CLAIM.
THE APPLICABILITY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY VARY FROM STATE TO STATE, AND/OR COUNTRY TO COUNTRY.
< Back to Troubleshooting Tips